Control The Foundation DLC Review [WORTH the OLDEST HOUSE History Lesson?]
Updated: Mar 13, 2021
Heads-up! If you haven't played the main game story yet, this DLC assumes as much and therefore this review must also assume such. You've been warned, so let me begin with the premise!
The Astral Plane is colliding with our reality. Jesse Faden, as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, must travel through the caverns of the Foundation to prevent the Astral Plane from consuming the Oldest House. The missing Head of Operations, Helen Marshall, may hold some answers to the mysteries surrounding this threat. As she travels deeper, Jesse will learn more about Marshall's disappearance, and the enigmatic Board.
On the PC via Steam maxed with RTX fully on combined with DLSS 2.0 at 2560x1440p. Completed in just under 7hrs 19mins with 4 DLC Achievements unlocked, all sides quests found completed. Let's see how Control DLC 1 The Foundation 'sets' the foundation of the game's story...
If you need more of this then stay locked like it's an episode of Threshold Kids, subscribe, notification bell on and like if you like it, this in addition watching 70% or more of the video is what counts to me, but more importantly to youtube, let's cause a shift in the astral tube plane.
We go over good, bad then ugly. We score it then you play and share we friends, family & strangers, although if it's a 0 then GET OUUUUUT, 5's are okay though but 10's are rarer than an original Tik Tok video.
• Good origins background for the games previous Directors / owners & an opportunity to catch-up with a main campaign story character.
• The map is a little easier to navigate in this DLC.
• Good similar gameplay to the core game really.
• Some good side quests here and there.
• New stuff to use and ways to traverse (quite an emphasis on flying traversal in this DLC).
• An opportunity to upgrade more skills / weapons (if they aren't maxed).
• Still a loooot of reading if you so choose. Again though, documents are relevant, story enriching and worth the read.
• Not hugely different from the core game overall. To be expected to some degree though.
• Somewhat frustrating spongey final boss (better technique / skill might make this a non-issue however, although was near maxed when facing this).
• Some of the game's tasks feel a bit rinse-repeat / padded.
It's a good DLC overall but nothing majorly different from the main game outside of the after campaign and origins story , so if you didn't like the main game this isn't gonna change that. It does feel a little busy work in places too despite some good sides here and there. Overall, good if you liked the main and want more narrative and gameplay.
#The1ntegerReview #ControlTheFoundation #RemedyEntertainment